Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pink Lemonade Cupcakes


Although it may be apparent by my posting all the sweet treats here on my blog that I have a major sweet tooth, the truth is, I really don't care for sweets.  A chocolate bar once in awhile, yes, but nothing beyond that....no cake, no cookies, no muffins, no cupcake.....

Until now. 

Seriously, this cupcake is outta this world good!!  How can you go wrong with pink lemonade added to your cupcake?!  Then to add the most amazing frosting to it....let's just say I've ate more than 2 and less then 5. 

Try it, I pinky promise you will love it!!

Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
9 oz. Frozen pink lemonade concentrate
1 box of white cake mix
3 egg whites
2 tbsp. vegetable oil

Mix together all the above ingredients.  The batter will be a little lumpy, but don't over mix it and end up with dry cupcakes like I did the first time I made them.

Spray the muffin tin (or wrappers) with nonstick spray and put into the oven at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. 

When the cupcakes have cooled, make icing and ice the cupcakes!

Lemon Buttercream Icing
3 cups + 3 tbsp confectioners sugar
1 stick (softened) unsalted butter
1/8 tsp salt
2 tbsp lemon juice
red food coloring

Add ingredients together and mix on low for about 60 seconds with your mixer until fluffy.  I only had neon colors this time around for the food coloring, so 3 drops of the pink neon coloring turned the icing this pretty pink!

-source-

3 comments:

  1. yum! perfect for summer! happy baking!
    http://cuppycakebakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm definitely trying these when I have a kitchen finally. That goes for all your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gina!!! Oh my, the cupcakes look yummy! Love your recipes & blog!!

    ReplyDelete